Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It's ONE degree outside

Update: currently my little WeatherBug is telling me that the weather outside the cold brick of C-hall is at a chilly 1 degree. HOLY MOLY!!

The sad thing is I've lived in Iowa for the past 11? years of my life (I think it's 11 and quite frankly I don't really want to do the math) and it's colder up there. Damn Iowa. I might just die over winter break if this week doesn't kill me first. I had my second day of TAing outside, and I was not prepared for it. I did wear sweatpants over my jeans, which kept my fairly insulated through my body. However, I only had thin gloves and one pair of socks. Needless to say my feet and hands went numb. As soon as I came back to the dorms I stripped off the coat and jumped around a bit, then proceeded to take a HOT shower. Actually, it started off as luke-warm, cause the water burned my skin. Getting the feeling back in my hands and feet had to be one of the most painful experiences I have had in awhile. My feet hurt so bad I had to sit on the floor. I probably broke some cardinal rule by taking a hot shower, but I was sooooo cold. Anyway, my feet and hands did not need to be amputated as my frozen mind had first thought, so it's all cool.

I definetely took a slip on the hill to Barnett today. It's too bad more people didn't see it. It was pretty funny.

I already have a first day of work. The Saturday I get back I will be working the ole' 8 hour shift again. Hopefully not as a cashier all day, but I doubt it will be anything else. At least its money. My mom has already asked me to ask for days off, and wants to pretty much know my plans through the break's entirety. I am betting right now that I will end up working Christmas eve...

Things I am looking forward to right now are the Team exec dinner at Meg's on Friday (mmm, home-cooked meal), no more macroeconomic class this week, buying Christmas presents, one year, and getting done with class this week.

No comments: