Monday, April 25, 2005

Ode to my Automobile

I have found that I have really been missing my car lately. It's not that I have an awesome car or anything. Although, my pontiac grand am is no piece of junk, at least not to me. Little goldy, as I sometimes affectionately call it, actually I've only called it that twice but it's early in the morning... Anyway, little goldy is currently in the clutches of my sister who believes that she can pretty much go as fast as the cars in front of her will allow. I am pretty sure she doesn't know speed limits exist. Mi pobre coche!

Back to missing my car... I have become sick of relying on other people for rides. I never realized how limited my freedom is without a car until this year. I am pretty much stuck on campus unless someone will let me bum a ride from them. In addition, I have riding practice and class at the farm, so I have to rely on others to get out there. Sometimes this means I can't go, or I have to walk, which sucks... Besides my lack of freedom, getting rides from people makes me feel like such a burden. Especially if I want to go early or later, or leave early or later. It's all up to whoever is giving me the ride.

The car thing just got to me this week. Summer soon approaches and I will have my car back. Now it all depends if I can afford to buy the car from my parents for next year. I don't know if I can survive another year without an automobile.

Well, I just wasted a good amount of time... I'm exhausted from writing a last minute paper, it's off to dreamland for me. Maybe I'll dream about goldy...

1 comment:

Kalin said...

One time in my youth (junior year of highschool) I had a brownish gold minivan with wood siding. The Golden Chariot, as it was known, was the car of a warrior. The sliding door didn't open from the inside (or sometimes from the outside for that matter) and the transmission would sometimes choose to not let you accelerate once you'd pulled out in front of someone, but damn that was a fun car.
Often you could here the mantra of "Go go Golden Chariot!" being screamed as I attempted to speed away from an angry semi with the sluggish gear changes. Those were good times.