Thursday, November 02, 2006

Hello Autumn

Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I really like this weather, hanging right around 50 degrees. I do not enjoy being cold but it's just cold enough that I can wear layers and a light jacket and be comfortable. I also get to wear a scarf, which I find very enjoyable.

Sorry for sucking it up the past couple days, I don't know where the time goes and obviously keeping this blog updated is not my top priority.

So, I'll start where my last entry left off. Chris visiting.

It was pretty cool, he came up Saturday and Kayleigh, Sara, Chris, and I decided to attend a pirate party (no it was not halloween yet) and go to a bar. So, first we went to the bar and picked up Sara, who started before us and pretty much looked like a creepo drinking in the bar by herself (haha). Then it was off to walmart to buy costumes. So, we were pirates and went and sat in the bar dressed as such. Yes, we drew attention to ourselves, but most of us were at the point where we didn't care about such matters. I was not at that point but I dealt with it. Anyway, after being at the bar for an hour or two we headed to the pirate party, which consisted of chilling in the batcave. If you don't know what the batcave is, well, it's a crawl space under this guys house that they hung a batman symbol in and like to hang out in. So, yup, the batcave. So, Mark calls me for some McDonalds so we all go to McDonalds and then Shitty's. Shitty's was interesting, Chris almost got himself into a rumble with a townie male who may or may not have wanted his ass. I couldn't tell what was going on, it was just a myriad of slurred speech and random profanity. Well, we left and everyone was in one piece, so basically, everyone just kinda went back to my place and passed out. True story. Here are some pics of us in the bar and the batcave. PS. I wasn't ready for the one with Chris, hence, I look like an idiot.


Alright, well that covers one weekend. The next one.... Halloween. Also beta bash, which is when alpha chapter of phi sigma pi comes to mingle with us (we're beta chapter). So, Friday night I dressed up in my awesome costume -- Price is Right Contestant (by the way, I'm upset that Bob Barker is retiring). I attended both the PSP shindig and Big Four at Sig Tau. Both were very fun and I really enjoy drunk people in costumes. It's amazing.


The next day was an anything but clothes party for Phi Sigma Pi. Lots and lots of skin...Oh my. I worked diligently on my dress - made out of party streamers - so that I could remain comfortably decent. Although, if it had rained and I had gotten wet, it would have been bad. Those streamers are fairly delicate. I left earlyish, about 11:30 because I, quite frankly, was frightened from all the sideboob that was going on. Oh so so so much of it.

Well, it certainly looks like I'm a crazy party person, which is odd, cause someone the other day at work commented that they thought I was the party girl type, which I am certainly not. I like to go out to parties, don't get me wrong, but I often remain rather reserved in those settings.

I finished two huge papers, my JINS paper which is 8 pages long, soon to be 10, and my research paper from the research and grant I got this summer, which is 15 pages. You may not know this about me, but I am a horrible writer. I think I zoned out of the third grade when they taught proper sentence structure and what the comma should be used for. I've improved a little since grade school, but I am still amazed that I could write 23 coherent pages. Seriously.

I still like Quietdrive, alot.

I tried the new Coca-Cola Blak, and it's very good. However, it's not very sweet and you HAVE to enjoy the taste of coffee. It has a very strong coffee flavor but I find the beverage quite enjoyable. I also believe its a very good substitue for red bull, which is disgusting.

This coming weekend is lots of working and Phi Sigma Pi induction. Which should be fun, at least my induction was fun.

I also thought that pictures would be fun. Cause I haven't posted any in a long while, and at least these pictures don't feature Santa Hats/alcohol or giant spoons so count yourself lucky.

No comments: