Tuesday, July 18, 2006

All the purple flowers

The farm is covered in a blanket of purple flowers, it's amazing. Spending my time at the farm I have really come to appreciate just how beautiful the outdoors can be. Today alone, while watching the horses I saw a doe run across the pasture and I heard an odd whizzing above my head and turned to see the biggest freaking hawk/falcon type bird I have ever seen. There are also really gorgeous blue birds and a yellow and black bird too, hopefully I can snag a picture of one of them.

Today I combined to two horse herds together and it was really amazing. There was alot of fighting and I'm sure there will be more, but just all the behaviors that came out, so fascinating. I really like this part of the research, it is so much more interesting.

I used to have a post before this that explained my whole weekend, but then my internet went out and I lost it and I don't feel like going over it again. I'll just tell you that Jenna came up Friday, my sister visited Sunday, and that I worked alot.

Speaking of work, I was working yesterday when we had a bad storm. I'm not too sure it really went in town because other people told me they didn't have the rain as bad as we did. Myself, I'm terrified of storms. It's an irrational fear and I don't know where it stems from. So when the storm hit (about an hour before I was supposed to get off) I was a little ansty. Luckily an older gentlemen that works in another department was nice enough to call the weather service for me and calm me down. Like I said, I'm terrified of storms, they make me nervous and unsettled. It turned out to be not a bad storm, it was more bark than bite, which was good but made me look a bit foolish for being so worried. Oh well.

Well, class is almost over, I just have the rest of this week and next week. Which means that I need to kick my ass into gear to finish my book and paper on that book. So, I'm actually going to go do that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look I found your blog. Isn't it exciting. (Happy dance....cause I can and no one is around to watch)