Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hot Summer Days

Well, it feels like its been awhile since I've updated this, which may or may not be true. For some people awhile is a month or two, for me it's like three or four days. Which reminds me that my friends list on the side of my blog has become rather desolate. It's full of deleted and abandoned blogs. I think Jeff and Kalin are the only ones that still updates theirs every so often. Oh well, I haven't gotten sick of updating this thing yet so you guys will have at least one more thing on the internet to waste a couple minutes with.

So... I sped down to Mark's this last Friday. It was really the last weekend we had before either of us started seriously working, so we decided to take advantage of it by visiting. It was so hot over the weekend, so not much was done out of doors. Mark and I did watch a couple of movies. We went and saw X3: The Final Stand which was really pretty good. Some parts, like the ending were a bit of a let down but I still really enjoyed the movie. I also saw King Kong, Four Brothers, The Ringer, and Batman Begins. We watched alot of movies. The four above mentioned ones were all pretty good, although I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell for watching The Ringer. That movie has parts in it where you are unsure of whether or not you should be laughing at it, because its that offensive at times. Well, I was not very happy to leave Mark's place but I couldn't stay there past Sunday. I had a great weekend though, and I was soooooo happy that I got that chance to spend some extra time with him.

When I got back to my apartment I discovered that my water had been shut off. I didn't realize how essential water and plumbing was to my everyday life until it was taken away. By the way, the water shut off was a clerical err. The apartment landlord had the water switched to their names after the old tenants left, so they could keep it on for awhile for cleaning purposes. The day I moved in I had it transferred into my name which means that the original shut off date that the landlords had set when they were paying for it should have been cancelled, but it wasn't. And since it was Sunday and Monday was Memorial Day...I had to wait till today (Tuesday) to get my water back on. My water came back on today at 8:45 am and I took a long victory bath to celebrate.

Ok, so one last thing. Because my water was off I couldn't really cook in my place, cause I have a lot of pasta, which needs water, and I couldn't wash any dishes. So Sunday I ate out with Kayleigh at El Vaq, and then Monday I went over to Rachel's and had a delicious chicken parmasan (sp?), that she "just whipped up", haha. Anyway, it was really good and Rachel and I played Yahtzee after dinner and I kicked her butt by getting two yahtzees. But then, we played Skip-Bo, which is an evil game. Rachel beat me 6 times in a row, I don't even understand how. It even got to the point where I had just two cards left to win and Rachel had about 10, and then all of a sudden she won during one turn. It was such a sad sad loss, I was hysterical at the thought of how unlucky I was with this game, I may or may not have been tearing up and drooling on myself.

1 comment:

Kalin said...

Ahhhhh, that water situation sounds like pure hell!