Sunday, September 25, 2005

An equestrian weekend

So, the weekend went pretty well. The TSU team hosted a western show at the farm. This is the FIRST EVER show that we've hosted at our own school. There was running, yelling, tears, and lots of stress, but it ended up going pretty smoothly. Despite a few setbacks, like a horse bucking off a rider and some disqualifications, the whole thing actually happened. The TSU team did pretty well, the first day we came in third, and the last day we took home fourth. The teams we competed against were, Iowa State, MSU, NWMSU, Southern Illinois U, Kansas State U, Black Hawk College, and of course, TSU. I'm glad to be done with that, now I want to focus on practicing for the NIU show in Chicago in two weeks. I would really like to qualify for regionals (fingers crossed) so I want to do well.

Unfortunately the show took up most of my weekend. However, I got to spend some of my evening with Mark, which was a nice change from the busy-ness of the show. That said, being sick last week and the show has put me a bit behind. Hopefully I can pull off some good grades in my macroeconomics and animal reproduction tests, which will probably be pretty hard. Well, back to studyin...

No comments: