Yesterday while I was working, one of the younger girls that I used to horseback ride with came in the store. Seeing her got me thinking about horseback riding, which I have not had a chance to do this summer. I really wanted to be taking lessons and keeping up on my form because next year I want to qualify for regionals for TSU. I am bound and determined to take at least one lesson this summer, hopefully soon. For me, horseback riding makes me happy, so I miss it badly.
Anyway, after I saw her I was reminded of Greenbriar Riding Academy (it sounds pretty fancy but it's not), where I would take lessons. I rode there from my 8th grade year to my senior year in HS. I had so many good times there. I was pretty shy and the older girls immedietly welcomed me, which was awesome. For about a year or two it was the same people and we would hang out a lot. The originals (for me) were Laurel, Stacy, Hilary, Diana, Amanda, Darcy, and myself. Darcy was my age and everyone else was older except Diana and Amanda. Being the newest person, I got teased alot. We all would joke around with eachother, from Diana falling in the muck truck or me getting locked in a Porter Potty with Stacy. There were other things too, like our not-so-secret suprise party... Now, over the past year I've seen Diana once, and Darcy and I talk to eachother occasionally through email. Talk about drifting apart... We are all still friends, but we just haven't kept in good touch with anyone. I know that we all make visits back to Greenbriar once in a while, we just can't seem to all meet at the same time. But yeah, I was just remembering all my old buddies from Greenbriar... At one point Darcy and I had planned on going to the same college and we would join the riding team together. Now, Darcy hasn't even been back for the summer, she's off interning with a dressage center in Ohio.
Well, this little bit of memory has definetely sparked my interest to stop back at Greenbriar. I can probably afford one or two private lessons for the summer, regular lessons just wouldn't fit in my full-time work schedule and tight budget.
Sorry this was kind of a random entry and pretty obscure...
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment